- Describe the kindest person you know. What do you feel makes them so? Would you describe yourself as someone who is habitually kind? Why or why not?
- How would you define kindness?
- How do you exhibit kindness in your daily life? What blocks the practice of kindness in your daily life? What do you think you can do to become kinder?
- Kindness is the medium through which Jesus’ love becomes tangible through us. It’s practicing benevolence and a loving attitude toward others. When have you experienced this in your life?
- On Sunday, we talked about how Jesus is the kindness of God, and that He has set an example for us to follow. Describe what is most inviting and most challenging to you about living this truth in your daily life.
- In Sunday’s message, we considered four ways Jesus has been kind to us and how we then can be kind to others. Which way in particular stood out to you? Why?
- Pause for a moment and ask God’s Spirit to bring to mind someone who would benefit from your kindness this week. Who is it? Why might God have brought this person to mind? In what way will you be kind to them this week?
- How can you lean on God’s Spirit this week to cultivate the fruit of kindness in your life?
- What do you sense God has been saying to you through this study? What are you going to do about it?