No Recording Available
- If you look back on to your life, your achievements, honours, privileges, what are some things you have treasured or benefited from?
- Read Philippians 3:1-6. The second half of the letter is introduced with verse 1. It may seem a little cut off from what follows. What is the connection between “rejoice in the Lord” and the warnings which follow?
- Ethnic membership for a male Jew was circumcision. However, who are the “true circumcision” (v.3)?
- What are some accomplishments, or aspects of personal or religious heritage, that we use to make ourselves acceptable?
- Read Philippians 3:1-11. What are Paul’s “profits” and “losses”?
- How do you respond to Paul’s statement that “knowing Christ Jesus as my Lord” surpasses everything (v.8)?
- What does your “balance sheet” look like? What would be on your “accomplishments and achievements” side? Does knowing Christ really outweigh everything?
- What relationship does Paul draw between resurrection and suffering (v.10-11)?
- What is your takeaway from this study?