- What does it take to be a respectable person in your world? Who do you respect?
Read Matthew 23:5-11
- How did the religious elite of Jesus’ time try to solicit respect from the people around them?
- How should a follower of Christ be different? What is their badge of respectability?
Read Matthew 6:1-4
- What trap do followers of Christ need to avoid? (v.1)
- What is a hypocrite? What does a hypocrite do?
- How do we not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing?
- Someone said: “God does not want to be present where He is not wanted.” How does that apply to this text?
- In light of what Jesus is saying, how should we go about helping others?
- What is God telling me? What do I need to do?