- What makes you really angry?
- Is the feeling of anger good or bad?
Read Matthew 5:21-26
- What do you think Jesus wants to say in v.21-22? Is Jesus intensifying the Old Testament Law? Is He laying down a new law?
- Look at v.23-24. What kind of person would do what Jesus is describing in these verses? What does that have to do with the command “do not murder”?
- How do you understand v.25-26? How is that connected to the command?
- As you take another look at this text what is Jesus trying to say? What kind of character does a really good person have when it comes to anger and contempt?
- How can I become such a person? What kind of spiritual disciplines could help me dealing with anger or contempt?