1. Describe a generous person.
2. Do you consider yourself to be generous?
Read John 2:1-11
3. Jewish weddings were joyous events with music, dancing, lots of food and drinks. They could last up to a week! What does the fact that Jesus accepted the invitation to a wedding say about him and his ministry?
4. The host family running out of wine could have brought long lasting shame on them. Why did Mary turn to Jesus for help?
5. Who do you usually turn to when you face problems?
6. Jesus answered that his time has not yet come. What time was he talking about (compare John 13:1; 17:1)? What did that have to do with Mary’s request?
7. Jesus did not use any ritual or special formula in order to make water into wine. It simply took the obedience of the servants for the miracle to happen. What can we learn from that?
8. How much wine did Jesus make?
9. What does the miracle and the amount of wine he made say about God?
10. What effect did the miracle have on the disciples?
11. What effect does the miracle have on you? What did you learn? What do you need to do?