The Bible was not only the first printed book, but it is also the most translated, sold and read book of all time. God Himself breathed His very words into human minds and through human hands onto scrolls. Although it took over 1600 years, 40 authors from diverse backgrounds and lifestyles, and three languages to write, it contains a unified single message: the redemption of humankind by Jesus Christ.
- Share a story about your first encounter with the Bible. What passage of Scripture or what story do you first remember reading or impacting you?
- Psalm 12:6 (NIV): “The words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay and purified seven times!” God took great care to preserve His words and protect the Bible from eradication. How can this passage make you feel confident about the trustworthiness of the Bible?
- How can the purity of the Bible and its unified message improve your relationship with God?
- Knowing the care God put into protecting the Bible and maintaining its message, talk about how its truth can motivate you to expand your biblical knowledge.
- Luke 11:28 (NLT): “Jesus replied, ‘But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.’” Jesus believed the Bible was true and commanded us to trust His Word. What does this verse say we are to do once we hear the Word of God? Why is this so essential in making our faith real to ourselves and others?
- Jesus came to bring God’s message of salvation to people who have lost hope. How does putting the Word of God into practice help you stop being a slave to your own desires?
- Talk about one area in your life the Holy Spirit may be prompting you to change. What action steps are necessary? How can others help you in this process? Who can you invite to come alongside of you?
- Romans 12:2 (NIV): “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.” What specific things can you do to transform our minds? Is there an attitude you need change?
- What have you sensed God saying to you through this study? What are you going to do about it?