- When were you faced with seemingly insurmountable problems and able to see the good through God’s hand at work?
Read Philippians 1:12-18
- How would you describe Paul’s mood throughout this passage?
- In what ways had Paul’s imprisonment helped the gospel on its way?
- Why did Paul’s imprisonment have such a positive effect on the Christians in Ephesus (where Paul was imprisoned)?
- What are some ways that Christ could be proclaimed out of “envy and rivalry” these days and what can we learn from Paul’s response?
- What can we learn from Paul when we find our plans don’t work out the way we envisioned?
Read Philippians 1:18-30
- Paul struggles with whether it would be better to die in custody or to be released and live. What are the advantages for Paul in either outcome?
- How can Paul’s attitude serve as a model for us in times of waiting?
- What is one circumstance right now in which you need to maintain your belief and hope in the midst of troubling feelings?
- What are some circumstances in your life in which God has proved Himself faithful regardless of how you felt?