1. Share a time or situation in your life that made you pray to Jesus for help.
Read John 4:43-48
2. If you read v.44-45,48 what kind of impression do you get from the crowd welcoming Jesus in Cana? (Note: Jesus is addressing the people in v.48 not the royal official; “you” is plural)
3. What is the significance of a royal official making the effort (a daytrip) to see Jesus?
4. How does this royal official expect Jesus solve his problem? What is he suggesting?
5. How often do you expect Jesus to help in a specific way? What is your experience?
6. What does Jesus’ answer, “Go, your son lives” reveal about Jesus?
7. What two options did the royal official have in response to Jesus’ answer?
8. Why does the official inquire about the exact time of the healing of his son?
9. What do you learn about Jesus in this story?
10. What do you learn about the kind of faith Jesus looks for?
11. What did you learn about yourself? What do you sense Jesus is telling you?