No recording available.
1. “Pass it on ahead.” What are your first thoughts when you think about this phrase?
Read Matthew 6:19-21
2. What are some things on earth that you invest in?
3. Would you agree or disagree that “success promises but rarely delivers”? Why?
4. In what ways do you feel that you invest in heaven?
Read Matthew 6:22-23
5. How do you make sense of the C.S. Lewis quote “aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in, aim at earth and you will get neither”?
6. In what ways do you bring health to your eyes? In what ways do you bring unhealth? Do you feel like your eyes are healthy?
Read Matthew 6:24
7. What does “be 100% loyal” to God look like in your life?
8. When has God asked you to do something where you had to make a choice between following God or following your own selfish desires?
9. Read Mark 8:34-39. What does this passage mean to you?
10. What do I sense God telling me and what am I going to do about it?
- What comes to mind when you hear that someone wants to “use” you?
- Why do people have negative associations with the word “use”?
Read Joshua 1:1-9
- What fears do you think Joshua had at this point in his life?
- How would you feel if you were in Joshua’s position?
Read Joshua 1:10-18
- What did Joshua do in response to God’s call?
- Where, and how, can you be used by God?
- What gifts and talents has God given to you?
- What might be holding you back from fully following God?
- What steps do you need to take so that you are prepared to be used by God?
Ask God to help you to be “strong and courageous.”